Are you looking to replace your windows? You may be looking for new windows if you are refurbishing your home if you are looking to make your home more energy-efficient and to help you to save on energy bills, or if you are changing the design of your home. However, if you are deterred from investing in new windows due to the cost, it is possible to get new windows for a range of prices at My Replacement Windows. Read on to find out how much new windows cost and how you can find the right windows for your price bracket at My Replacement Services, as well as the needs of your home.
What factors affect the cost of windows?
The cost of the windows that you are looking to invest in is affected by a number of different factors which may influence their pricing. My Replacement Windows can give you advice on the right type of windows for your home, as well as how this may affect the cost of your specific windows. To understand the cost of your windows, you need to consider the factors that may affect this.
- The materials that we use at My Replacement Windows can impact the cost of your windows, as these materials are worth different amounts due to their rarity and the ease of producing them. For instance, wood grains such as oak will be more expensive than uPVC. However, within this cost, you need to consider longevity; while PVC may have a cheaper initial cost, wood windows will last for much longer than to wood’s durability, and so you will need to spend less on maintenance and replacements.
- Another factor which can affect the cost of windows is their size, with smaller windows being much cheaper than larger frames due to the fact that they will use less material. At My Replacement Windows, you can book an appointment to get a quote based on the exact specifications of your individual windows and needs before you buy. However, the cost is also affected by the shape of these windows, as speciality shapes will usually have to be custom designed and can use more material than traditional or double-hung shapes.
- The style of windows can also influence their cost, with more modern and unusual styles costing more than popular choices. For instance, casement windows and sash windows are much more costly than other types of windows, as they are less readily available and not as popular for customers. Contact My Replacement Windows to discuss the style that you are aiming for and how this may affect the cost of windows in your home.
What types of windows are there?
- Casement windows: Our casement windows usually come in adjoining pairs, with each opening out the opposite way to give a clear view of the outdoors. They can open out and inwards, or can be raised up or down, depending on your preference.
- Double-Hung and Single-Hung Sash Windows: In My Replacement Window’s single-hung windows, the bottom sash or window moves up and down to open, and the upper stays permanently still, whereas in double-hung windows, both of these move up and down, and can be tilted outwards for cleaning purposes.
- Bow Windows: My Replacement Windows also provide bow windows, which are similar to bay windows in that they are curved, although they also make the outside of the house curved.
- Bay Windows: These are large windows that are often found in terraced or Victorian houses, but which we can fit in every type of home. They protrude outwards from the room’s wall and create a small area which can be used as a window seat.
How much do new windows cost?
If you decide to opt for UPVC windows from My Replacement Windows in your home, then you can expect casement windows to cost between £150 and £900 depending on the size, whereas sash windows will cost between £700 and £1,100. For instance, 600 x 900 uPVC windows can cost you as little as £2350 for the ground floor of your home. However, if these are wooden, prices range from £700-£1500 for casement and £1,100 and £1,900 for sash windows.
However, the only real way to determine how much your new windows will cost is to make an appointment for a quote. At My Replacement Windows, we will be able to provide you with an individual quote for your home, which details the best options for your type of building. Using this, you will then be able to opt for the type of windows that you want that suits both your own preferences and the needs of your home, and this will also give you the ability to discuss your options with our team of trained experts.
What should you consider when getting new windows?
- Energy efficiency may affect the cost of new windows, with an A+++ being the highest rating that you can look for with us at My Replacement Windows. Even though these are more expensive, they can help to save you money in the long-term by reducing your energy bills, meaning that they may even eventually pay for themselves.
- You also need to consider any additional costs for fitting the windows. Although it is possible to self-install the windows, here at My Replacement Windows, we can help you to install these windows with our expertise, giving you a stress-free experience and leaving you safe in the knowledge that your windows are fitted correctly, reducing the need for replacements.
- The quality of your windows can also affect the cost, but you should always make sure that you choose a window company that you can trust to provide you with high-quality windows, especially since their lifespan can be over 25 years. My Replacement Windows can help to provide you with durable and long-lasting windows that can both match the style of your home and ensure that they can last for as long as possible.
When considering the cost of new windows from My Replacement Windows, there are a wide variety of factors that you need to think about, including the quality, style, and material used. However, it is important that you find the right windows for your home, as this can help to add character to your home, while also saving on your energy bills.
Call My Replacement Windows to find out the types of windows that we have on offer.